The Oval Primary School
Code of Conduct for Competitions
We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in any game, competition or festival. As a participant, you have a big part to play. The Oval Primary School supports The Football Association’s Respect programme to ensure all sport can be enjoyed in a safe, respectful and positive environment.
When representing the school, I will:
• Always play to the best of my ability.
• Play fairly – I won’t cheat, complain or waste time.
• Show respect to my teammates, the referee, my coach / manager / teacher and opponents.
• Show respect to the other team/opponents by joining in with ‘3 cheers…’ at the end of a match / competition and shaking hands with every opponent.
• Thank officials, including referees, umpires and teachers for giving their time.
• Enjoy and appreciate the opportunity of representing the school.